MFPL(Materials Forming and Processing Lab.) was established in Oct. 2016. We are conducting research on deformation process on the theme of "material deformation" related to plastic processing and plasticity engineering, which is the basic technology of "manufacturing" in Japan. In our lab., we cover both experimental and theoretical approaches such as stamping process, tube forming, material modeling, dieless forming without using any dies and tools, micro metal forming by focusing on “permanent deformation of materials” from a standpoint of cross-cutting issues from micro to macro-scale. In addition, we also perform international collaborated research with Russian Academy of Science (Russia), University of Wollongong (Australia), Northeastern University (China), AGH Science and Technology (Poland), Czech Technical University in Prague, (Czech) and University of New Hampshire (USA).
Contributing the foundations of global manufacturing by approaching from both material science and processing
- In the field of metal forming, our lab. aim to become leading laboratory.
- Through life in the laboratory, our member grow into a human resource who can play an active role in society regardless of industry or occupation
- The research topic of "Full-field Strain Measurement using Digital Image Correlation with Laser Speckles" is introduced >Here
- A new member has joined in April, 2020.
- 1st Ms. student, Mitsuhiro Yamane is graduated successfully. Congratilations!!
- Ms Yi Yushi has joined to our lab. as a Ph.D student.
- Ms Saeede GHORBANPOUR from University of New Hampshire has joined to our lab. as a Short-term Visiting Researcher.
- Assistant Prof. Marko VILOTIC has joined to our lab. as a Short-term Visiting Researcher.
- 2019-05-31 - 06-01
- Komaba reseach campus open is held.
- New Special Audit Students has joined from Shibaura Institute of Technology.
- A new member has joined in April, 2019.
- Assoc. Prof. Furushima attend CIRP General Assebly 2017.